Wednesday, June 24, 2009

They Made It!

At long last, the western and eastern flanks of GraceFlock joined up and had a great reunion at the Rain Forest Cafe in the Mall of America. The girls were a little punchy and very tired, but otherwise safe and sound after their long trip pulling the trailer. My regret is that we didn't get to see Penny doing the "happy dance" when they pulled into the hotel. (We won't tell you that it was the wrong hotel and she tried to retract the happy dance - oops, guess I just told you.) Karla has had the video camera running for parts of the trip so we should have excellent, if not blackmail-worthy, documentation. We're thanking God for their safe travel and asking the same for Frank, Gary and Chris on their travels. I'll check in with Frank this morning because we think (and hope) he busted it all the way to Alexandria yesterday.

Going to grab some breakfast this morning and hit the road for Alexandria. Today is Tour Stop One!! Got your GraceFlock Summer Tour T-shirts yet?

Quote of the Day: "Rain Forest Cafe! Rain Forest Cafe! I'm sooo tired! Rain Forest Cafe!" (Karla)

Blessings!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad everyone is making it up there safely! You'll be in our prayers as you begin your tour (well, not only as you begin, but you know what I mean).

I hope SOMEONE had the Volcano at RFC - that dessert is awesome!

Trisha

P.S. Hmmm...somehow I'm guessing these so-called "tour T-shirts" are silk screen... ;)

Anonymous said...

Temps in MN look pretty good! Low 80s and mid 70s. Heat wave here..101 today and fcst is for 100 or more next 3 or 4 days. Isolated tstm gave me a cool down and half inch rain late today. Break a leg on your first gig tonight.
Mac

Karla said...

I'm so honored to have made it to the quote of the day. :-) I will probably make a lot of worthy quotes of the day - keep your ears open!! :-P